HP Sprocket Photo Printers – Setting up the Printer
HP Sprocket Photo Printers – Setting up the Printer . This document is for HP Sprocket Photo Printers, and the HP sprocket app for Android mobile and Apple iOS devices.
To set up a printer for the first time, remove the printer and all packing materials from the box, install the HP sprocket app, pair your printer and mobile device, load HP Sprocket Photo Paper, and then calibrate the printer.
1.Remove the printer from the box
Remove the printer from the box, remove any plastic packing material from the printer, and then recycle the packing materials.
2.Pair the printer and mobile device
- Go to the HP Sprocket (in English) homepage, and then follow the on-screen instructions to download and install the app.
- After the app installs, turn on the printer.
- On your mobile device, open the Bluetooth settings menu, and then make sure Bluetooth is enabled.
- Open the HP sprocket app.
- If a Welcome screen displays, tap the setup option, and then follow the on-screen instructions.If a prompt displays to Reveal with AR, tap Enable Reveal or No, Thanks. For more information, go to Using Reveal to Relive Memories.
- Tap the Menu, tap sprocket, and then tap Manage Printers.A list of available Sprockets displays.
- If your printer displays, the printer is connected.
- If your printer does not display, tap Add New Printer, and then tap your printer.
3.Load HP Sprocket Photo Paper
- Turn off the printer.
- Remove the top cover by sliding it away from the output slot, and then set it aside.
- Slide the top cover
- Remove the top cover
- Load up to 10 sheets of HP Sprocket Photo Paper with the blue Print Quality Card (formerly Smartsheet). Make sure the blue card is on the bottom of the stack with the barcode facing down, and the photo paper with the HP logos facing down
- Align the top cover with the tracks on the outside of the printer, and then slide the top cover toward the output slot until it is firmly seated.
- Align the top cover
- Slide the top cover
- Turn on the printer.
4.Calibrate the printer
- On your mobile device, open the HP sprocket app.
- From the home screen, select the photo you want to print.The image preview screen displays.
- Tap Edit or the Edit to adjust the photo appearance, add text or stickers, and apply filters.
- Tap the Checkmark to save any changes, and then tap the Print.The printer calibrates using the colored card.
- Wait until the Sprocket is idle and silent, and then remove the colored card.After calibration completes, your photo prints.
HP Sprocket Photo Printer Driver Software Setup ( Install, Uninstall, Wireless Setup )
How to Setup or Install the HP Sprocket Photo Printer Driver:
- After the download is complete, click Open Folder, then click the downloaded file.
- You can accept the default area to save files. Click Next, and then wait while the installer pulls the data to get ready for the installment on your computer or laptop.
- NOTE: When the download is complete, locate the folder where you saved the document driver file and then double-click it.
- When the Install Wizard starts, follow the instructions on the screen to set up the software.
- When finished restart your computer system or laptop computer.
- Then do an inspection check as well as check reviews.
How to uninstall HP Sprocket Photo Printer Driver:
- Open the Start Menu.
- Click Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel menu, select Uninstall a Program.
- When the Uninstall Program menu is opened, accept that the printer driver that you want to uninstall.
- After the uninstall process is complete, do not forget to restart your computer, so the computer works normally again.
How to Setup HP Sprocket Photo Printer Wireless Connection
Preparing HP Sprocket Photo Printer Driver to Install
- Make sure your printer is plugged in and turned on. If your printer requires an Ethernet connection to access the Internet, you must also use an Ethernet cable to connect the printer to your router.
- Check to see if your printer has installation software. If your printer comes with a CD, chances are you have to insert the CD into your computer and let the installation program run before you can set up the printer.
- Connect your printer to the Internet. This usually consists of using the printer’s LCD panel to select a wireless network and enter a password.
- Make sure your computer is on the same network as your printer. For your wireless printer to receive commands from your computer, both your computer and your printer must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
Installing HP Sprocket Photo on Windows
- Open Start, Click the Windows logo in the lower left corner of the screen.
- Open Settings, Click Settings settings on the lower left side of the window.
- Click Devices, You will find it at the top of the Settings window.
- Click Printer & scanner. This tab is on the left side of the window.
- Click + Add printer or scanner. It’s at the top of the page. Doing so will open a pop-up window, If you see the printer name (e.g., “HP Printer [model number]”) in the “Printers & scanners” section, your printer is connected.
- Click the name of your printer. It must be in the pop-up window. Doing so will ask your computer to connect to the printer. After the connection process is complete, you will be able to use the printer from your computer.
- If Windows cannot find the printer, continue to the next step.
- Try installing the printer with a USB cable. If you don’t see your printer in the Add window, you might be able to install the printer by connecting it to your computer with a cable: Plug your printer into your computer with a USB-to-USB cable, Wait until the installation window appears, Follow the instructions on the screen.
Installing HP Sprocket Photo on Mac Os
- Open the Apple Menu, Click the Apple logo in the upper left corner of the screen. A drop-down menu will appear.
- Click System Preferences There is at the top of the drop-down menu.
- Click Printer & Scanner. This printer-shaped icon is in the System Preferences window.
- Click +. This is near the bottom left corner of the window. Do so asks for a pop-up window.
- Click the name of your printer. This should appear in the drop-down menu. Doing so will ask the printer to start setting up; When finished, you will see the name of the printer in the panel on the left side of the window, indicating that the printer has successfully connected to your Mac.
- Try installing the printer with a USB cable. If your Mac can’t find your printer, you might be able to install the printer directly using a USB cable: Update your Mac, Install the printer on your computer with a USB-to-USB-C cable, Wait until the settings window appears, Follow the instructions on the screen.