After finally having known all the news of macOS 11.2 after its launch last Monday, yesterday the first beta of the next version was published. In that first version of macOS 11.3 for developers we can already find interesting news that, although it is true that it will not change much because it is an intermediate version, it does include noteworthy changes that mainly affect the performance of Macs with M1 and the integration of the Mac with the news of iOS and iPadOS. We will tell you everything below.
What’s new in this beta?
Developers can already test this first beta version of macOS 11.3 which, at least for the moment, has no fixed date of release to the public. It is expected to be in mid-March when it will be released to the public along with iOS 14.5, iPadOS 14.5, watchOS 7.4 and tvOS 14.5. However, it must be said that in recent months the versions of Mac are slightly behind the rest, so it remains to be seen if this is fulfilled. In any case, the news that can already be seen are these:
- Support for HomePod in stereo , something that already happened in other devices of the brand, but not in computers.
- New customization options for Safari that add to those already seen in the first version of Big Sur. It will now be easier to organize the different sections of the home screen, as well as the different Siri bookmarks and suggestions.
- IOS applications on Mac with M1 are already much more optimized in this version.
- Support for PS5 and Xbox Series X controllers is added, thus adding this compatibility to that of the rest of the operating systems that are also in beta.
- New section within “About this Mac” called Support to know more details about the Mac warranty or request a one-click repair.
- The Reminders app also include new features in iOS 14.5, such as the ability to better sort the list of reminders based on their date, priority or name.
- Visual novelties in Apple Music with the addition of a shortcut to custom lists.
- The Apple News application includes a redesign with a tab called “For you”, in addition to including better access to the content of Apple News +. Both services are still limited to some countries such as the United States and Canada.
Upcoming changes planned
The new features of the macOS 11.3 beta are many more than those found in macOS 11.2, which mainly corrected bugs reported in previous versions. All these novelties are motivated by the changes in the rest of Apple‘s software, since most of the novelties that we see in this beta version for Mac are also accessible on an iPhone or iPad. It is expected that the next big changes that come to the brand’s computers will already be with macOS 12, a version that will be released in June during WWDC 2021. However, after the great change that occurred when going from macOS 10.15 Catalina to the current one macOS 11 Big Sur was important enough on an aesthetic and functional level, so a big leap is not expected in the next generation either.